Friday, June 01, 2007

Talk in Girona

I have been invited by Josep Vehi to give a talk about my research at the institute he directs at the University of Girona.

In this talk I have introduced for the first time the game theory model in which I have worked with people in Dresden (Andreas Deutsch, Haralambos Hatzikirou) and Bonn (Matthias Simon) in which I study Gatenby's hypothesis of acid mediated tumour invasion. I have also talked about the Cellular Automata model I have developed with Benjamin Ribba (Lyon) to study the microenvironmental influence in cancer evolution which I have previously presented in Lyon, Dundee and Dresden.

The presentation can be found here in PDF format.

2 comments:

Paul Macklin said...

How did your talk go, David? I'll look forward to downloading and looking through the slides. -- Paul

David Basanta said...

Hi there!

It went all right. There were some physicians in the audience that seemed to be more amused than troubled by what I had to say so all in all I think I can't complain.